Movie popcorn is amazing. There’s just something about it that is so delicious. Unfortunately movie popcorn also contains about weeks worth of calories. We reckon it probably has to do with the massive amounts of fake butter. So when thinking of ways to one-up movie popcorn without one-uping the calories too we came across an idea do add a little chocolate into our popcorn, and from there it just snow balled into Snickers Popcorn. The combination of salty and sweet is wonderful and this popcorn is perfect for movies, football games, and more. Enjoy!
- 8 quarts air popped corn (about 2 cups of kernels)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 30 “Fun Size” Snickers bars coarsely chopped
- 3 oz melted semi sweet chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in your baking soda.
- Pour over your popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to waxed paper lined counter and sprinkle peanuts on top. Stir until all is coated evenly.
- Transfer popcorn into a large roasting pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in your coarsely chopped Snickers. Return to oven for 3 more minutes so the Snickers begin to melt slightly into the popcorn.
- Remove from pan and transfer popcorn back to wax paper to cool.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of popcorn if desired.
- Let set and store in an airtight container.