In honor of Cinco de Mayo we’ve got delicious Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes. Today should be filled with good drinks, fun friends, and tasty food. Let this recipe put the icing on top of your day (literally).
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup strawberry margarita mix
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place liners in cupcake tray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, egg whites, oil, water and margarita mix. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
3. Stir lime zest into the Cool Whip®. Frost cooled cake and refrigerate until serving.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes – Enjoy!