Spring and summer means fresh strawberries and fresh strawberries mean strawberry shortcake! That’s why when we saw this recipe it was a must share. This recipe is pretty simple to make and perfect for all kinds of entertaining. The best part is that these tasty morsels are perfect as an appetizer, finger food or dessert making it super versatile and perfect for any occasion. Happy baking!
Strawberry Shortcake Appetizer Recipe:
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- sugar for sprinkling
- 20 large strawberries, 2 slices per strawberry ( use the leftovers for a salad)
- 1 tub cool whip (8oz), defrosted
- 20 skewers, cut to size
- 1-1/2 inch biscuit cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a biscuit into a 5-inch circle.
- Cut 7 – 1-1/2 inch circles and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush on each biscuit and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking prepare the strawberries.
- Cut two 1/2 inch slices from each strawberry and use the leftovers for a salad.
- Keep the two slices stacked on themselves so you can use the same strawberry for one skewer. This way they fit together better.
- Once the biscuits are baked, transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before constructing the skewers.
- Then start layering; biscuit, strawberry, cool whip, do this twice ending with a third biscuit on top.