When we came across this recipe on Pinterest we were immediately hooked! How cute are these little Candy Tacos? Then, when we actually dove into the recipe to see how they were made, we were amazed at how easy it was to make them. All it takes is about 30 minutes, some creativity and PRESTO! You’ll have your very own dessert tacos too. Enjoy!
- 1 Roll of Sugar Cookie Dough
- 20 Mini Candy Bars
- 1 Container of Fluffy White Frosting
- Green Food Coloring
- Cut the cookie dough into thick slices.
- Press the dough into 2 1/2 inch circles on a floured surface or Silpat.
- At 350 degrees, bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Only bake a few cookies at a time unless you have a few paper towel rolls.
- Using the inside of a paper towel roll (the cardboard) immediately drape the cookie over the circular form and let it cool for a few minutes. It will hold its shape once it has cooled.
- Continue baking and draping until you have enough shells for your party.
- Unwrap the candy you want to fill your shell with, such as Snickers and Twix bars. Chop them up into small chunks.
- Add green food coloring to white frosting to resemble lettuce and placed a dollop on the bottom of the shell. Then add in the filling and sprinkle with M&M’s.