We’re putting a sweet twist on traditional cake pops.
No holiday dessert table is complete without pie, but this season try something different by baking pie pops. This way you can have a variety of dessert flavors without having too many individual pies leftover.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crust
4 tablespoons apple pie filling (or any filling flavor of your choice)
- 12 cake-pop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Roll pie crust out on a lightly floured work surface. Use a circular cookie cutter or glass to cut twenty four 2 1/2-inch rounds. Transfer 12 rounds to a baking sheet
3. Lay 1 cake-pop stick on each round with one end of the stick almost to the center of the round. Press the stick gently into the dough. Spoon about 1 teaspoon apple pie filling into the center of each round. Place the remaining dough rounds on top of each ‘pop’ and press the edges with a fork to crimp the border.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden and filling is hot, 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 servings – Enjoy!