It’s that time of the year again. That’s right, it’s that time of the year when girl scout cookies hit the market. Our favorite are Thin Mints without a doubt. That being said, there’s no reason why we can’t enjoy Thin Mints year round right? That’s when we got our hand on this Thin Mint Puppy Chow recipe. Not only is this easy to make, but it’s easy to eat it all in one setting if you’re not careful. Seriously though, this is a wonderful recipe that is sure to be a hit with friends and family. Plus, you’ll be able to satisfy your Thin Mint craving all year now.
- 16oz Chocolate Candiquik (or chocolate bark)
- 3.5oz Green & Black’s Mint Chocolate Bar
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 10 Cup Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Bag (8oz) Mint M&M’s
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate together (sans M&M’s) for one minute, stir and continue melting in 30 second intervals until smooth (ours took a total of 2 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cereal with melted chocolate. Continue folding with a large wooden spoon until all the cereal is coated.
- In a large, gallon sized ziploc bag, add powdered sugar. Spoon in the chocolate cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake until powdered sugar has coated all the cereal completely.
- Pour the cereal out onto a large piece of wax paper and allow the chocolate to set (about 20 minutes).
- Combine the M&Ms with Chex and store in an airtight container.