St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to have some St. Patty’s Day fun then with Shamrock themed food!?! When we were thinking of ideas for something we could do, it dawned on us that sweet and salty is an awesome combination. But how could we incorporate the two into a fun, easy-to-do recipe? Then it hit us, we could use pretzels and Hershey’s Kisses!!! And before you know it, Twisted Shamrock Pretzels were born. This recipe is a fun one to share with friends and family and its so easy to make that it won’t take you any time at all. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A Baking Sheet
- Foil or Parchment Paper
- One Bag of Pretzel Sticks
- One Bag of Mini Pretzels
- One Bag (or so) of Hershey’s Kisses
- One Large Bag of M&Ms.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Assemble 3 pretzels in a shamrock shape.
- Place a Hershey’s Kiss on top of the pretzels, in the middle.
- Repeat until out of room or Kisses.
- Carefully put baking sheet in oven so pretzels don’t slide out of alignment.
- Remove after 4 minutes.
- Press the end of a pretzel stick into the center of the softened Kiss for the stem. If the pretzels slide out of place, gently push them back toward the center. Use another pretzel stick to push them so your fingers don’t get hot.
- Press an M&M over the end of the pretzel stick–you want the Kiss to moosh around the pretzels, cementing them together.
- Let harden, wrap up in a goodie bag, print tags (click for printable tags), tie, and present!