Need a sweet, tasty treat for your Sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? Then these classic treats are just what you need. They’re simple to make and are perfect with a cup of coffee after a nice romantic dinner! Plus they’re cute. And we’re suckers for cute desserts. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 2/3 cup M&M’s.
- Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M’s on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.