It’s hard to believe Easter is less than a week away. It seems like just yesterday we were ushering in the New Year. Any way, here at Old Time Pottery we love holidays and the fun that comes with them, and not just for the obvious reasons. We love them because we can get creative in making holiday themed décor for the home! Remember our Valentine’s Candy Arrangement we did? Well we liked it so much that we were inspired to do something similar for Easter! Below you’ll find a tutorial that will show you how to make your own arrangement. We hope you enjoy this centerpiece as much as we did.
What You Need:
- A Glass Vase – Feel free to pick any size and shape you want. Just remember, the smaller it is, the less you’ll be able to fit in. Also you want to make sure that vase is clear so you can show off your colorful candy!
- Silk Floral – Pick your favorite silk floral from Old Time Pottery to show off. We recommend getting a color that screens spring such as yellow or pink!
- Ribbon – PIck out some ribbon to wrap around the vase for a nice finished touch. Again pick a nice “springy” color to compliment your bright flowers and candy!
- Your Favorite Candy – We used Peeps and Speckled Jelly Eggs but you can use whatever bright candy you want such as Skittles or regular Jelly Beans. The possibilities are endless!
- Add your favorite candy to your vase. We put the Jelly Bean Eggs in the bottom because they make a good base for the Peeps to rest on. They also make a good bed to insert the flowers into which brings us to step two…
- Insert your silk floral into the vase. You’ll want to be forceful enough to get the flowers down in the beans but gentle enough as not to knock your Peeps out of place.
- Put the finishing touch on your arrangement by adding your colorful ribbon.
We hope that you had as much fun as we did making this arrangement. Remember there are always little things like this you can do around all the different holidays to add a nice accent to your home. Don’t be afraid to get creative either, there are so many possibilities for cute décor like this!