As you probably guessed from our past posts, we enjoy things with peanut butter. That’s why when we came across this recipe we knew we had to make it and it was well worth it! Although this pie, even though it’s more like a blondie or cookie, is very rich, it’s easy to make and is great to bring as a dish for a party or get together. Plus if you need to, you can scale back on the peanut butter without losing any of the flavor in this pie. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- heaping 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 12 to 14 mini peanut butter cups
- about 2/3 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms (I used one 2.83-ounce ‘King Size’ bag sold; optionally substitute with Peanut or Plain M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with floured cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, optional salt, and stir until just combined; don’t over-mix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly insert the peanut butter cups into the batter, pushing them down so the top is almost flush with the surface of the dough.
- Evenly insert the M&Ms into the batter, pushing them down to anchor.
- Bake for about 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. If your pie has risen in the center, it will deflate as it cools.
- Allow pie to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving; however, for optimal results, cool overnight because it gives the flavors a chance to marry and the pie to really set up fully. Pie will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months (color may leech from the M&Ms if you freeze it).