It really is hard to beat a Reese’s Cup. There is just something about them that is extra delicious. So when we saw this recipe over at Mom on Timeout, we had to give it a try! And guess what? They were amazing! And don’t think that these delicious treats were exclusively made with Peanut Butter Cups, there is actual peanut butter in the recipe! These bars are perfect for the peanut butter lover in your love, whether it be you or someone you know. And for ultimate satisfaction, pair these treats with an ice cold glass of milk!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbls vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter baking chips
- 2 cups Reese’s miniatures, chopped or Reese’s minis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour mixture slowly stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan. Top with Reese’s minis or chopped miniatures.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. It doesn’t have to be perfect and it won’t cover all the Reese’s.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.