I suppose if the Easter Bunny could lay eggs, this is what they would look like. And they would be incredibly tasty too! That’s why we just had to share this recipe. It’s a seasonal twist on a classic recipe that everyone loves! Making these eggs is as simple as making regular Rice Krispie Treats but with plastic Easter Eggs. It’s that easy and that fun. Happy baking!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 package (10 Ounces) Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Small Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat, then add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray interior of the plastic eggs with non-stick cooking spray. If mixture is too sticky, you can also spray your hands.
- Fill both sides of the plastic egg with rice cereal mixture, slightly over-filling one side. Press chocolate egg in the center on one side of the egg, then close the plastic egg to shape it. (It should be full enough to meet with a little resistance as you close it.)
- Gently release the rice cereal egg from the mold, decorate with your choice of sprinkles and set aside in egg crate until set.